Wareham River Cruise | May 2022
Take a truly relaxing trip along the picturesque River Frome to the historic town of Wareham, with its massive earth ramparts built by King Alfred the Great. Once ashore the choice is yours: enjoy lunch in one of the towns many welcoming pubs and restaurants or explore the ancient walls & visit the only Saxon church in Dorset,
with its magnificent effigy of Lawrence of Arabia.
For bookings of 10 or more please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01202 669955
Duration for 3 1/2 hours
Please arrive at the orange kiosk 30 minutes before your tour is due to begin & make sure you have a printed copy/ screenshot of this booking confirmation with you.
There is plenty of parking available at the following areas at Poole Quay
• Quay Visitors - multi-storey, 550 spaces, 6 for disabled use
• Prosperous Street - 10 spaces, 1 for disabled
• New Orchard - 19 spaces, 1 for disabled
• Harbourside Park 1 - 205 spaces, 4 for disabled
• Harbourside Park 2 - 199 spaces, 4 for disabled
How long does it take to get to Wareham from Poole?
It takes approximately 1 hour & 10 minutes, we stay in Wareham for
an hour & 10 then travel back thus the whole journey takes 3.5
hours in total, it is about 13.5 miles by sea......
Do you go to Wareham every day?
No, we don’t the river Frome is a tidal river and therefore our dates
have to fit in around this... you can call us for dates/times or look on
our website click on calendar and the seasons dates/times can be
viewed from there
Do you need to book in advance?
No you don’t, but in the summer months we can get very busy and
people do call and reserve tickets by telephone
Are there toilets on board?
Yes we have toilets, and a bar for drinks & snacks
Is there a covered area onboard to get out of the sun or indeed shelter from the rain?
Yes, the boat has a heated saloon area which is fully seated and
I have limited mobility will i be able to get on board?
Well, you would have to visit or call us first as we would like you to tell
us as it’s your mobility which is important.... that is a question only
you can answer. The boat does have steps to the toilets and the
gangways can be steep if the tide is high, no gangway is used for
disembarkation at Wareham at the present time
Can dogs go on the boat?
Yes dogs are welcome on this trip
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Tickets are sold subject to availability and to these terms
- Tickets may be restricted to a maximum number agreed by GPB
- Please note it is not possible to verify your ticket purchase on arrival at our ticketkiosk
- We are unable to issue a duplicate ticket for you
- GPB do not accept liability for any loss resulting from failure to provide anadvertised service or where a delay occurs to those services for any reason. If acruise is delayed for any reason GPB are not liable for any car parking charges,fines if occurred.
- GPB reserve the right to change or modify any cruise if the weather/tides dictate
- Where a concession has been claimed, proof of identity/entitlement may be asked
- It is the customers responsibility to check your booking
- All passengers travelling must be declared when making a booking (whatever theage)
- GPB reserves the right to deny boarding to any passenger or individual
- Tickets are not for resale or transferrable to another date/time
- GPB reserves the right to alter your booking time/date should the minimumpassenger numbers not be reached, thirty minutes before departure
- A valid printed confirmation ticket/screenshot must be provided at The OrangeKiosk/GPB before boarding any vessel
- Refunds Exchange – After you have purchased your ticket this cannot beexchanged or refunded unless the cruise is cancelled by GPB. Where a cruise iscancelled due to circumstances beyond our control an alternative date will beoffered within the current season. Where a cruise has been cancelled or curtailedbecause of adverse weather conditions, GPB will not be liable to make any refundor pay any compensation for any additional costs incurred
- Any refunds agreed or reschedule of a trip will be made entirely at GPB discretionand without prejudice
- Complaints – Any passenger complaints should be made within fourteen days of your booking and must be made in writing to; firstname.lastname@example.org or Marsh End, Policemans Lane, Upton,Poole, BH16 5NE.
- Limited Access/Disability Policy - Limited mobility passengers need to be aware, boats, landing stages, steps,gangways etc may not be suitable for all persons, reduced mobility means thatthose people with physical disabilities, speech, hearing or sight limitations andthose with mental health problems. It also includes the elderly and parents withyoung children. The company supports access and assistance for reduced mobilitypassengers wherever practicable and safe. Gangways are only available at Poole Quay when the tide is favourable, buthowever they may not at Wareham Quay therefore please be aware that a smallstep across to the boat from the quayside may be necessary. A Reduced MobilityAccess Policy can be requested by any passenge